An objection is often just a request for more information, because remember: people are conditioned to say no. You might consider answering an objection with a question to find out why the customer objects. Sometimes customers will realize that they don’t really object; they just didn’t know they had a need. Take a look at some common objections to life insurance, and some answers you may be able to provide.
I can’t afford life insurance.
- “Life insurance can be more affordable than you think.”
- “Life insurance policies can be customized to fit your needs and budget.”
- “How much money do you spend each month on cable, cell phone bills, and coffee? Many people spend much more on those things than they would spend on life insurance.”
- “What is your expectation for how much life insurance will cost each month?”
- “Many people overestimate the cost of life insurance.”
- “It’s my job to help make sure that you are adequately covered for what you can afford.”
- “Imagine how hard it would be for your family to pay the bills without your salary.”